Reminder – Evaluation of the contribution of the global and regional UN Human Development Report
Thank you to all of you that have already filled the online survey.
We would like to encourage those that have not yet done so to fill the online survey on the Evaluation of the contribution of the global and regional Human Development Report. The survey can be accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.
Your input will allow us to propose improvements to enhance the contribution of global and regional HDRs to public policy and public debates. It will also help us understand what types of information and data are most useful to development actors. Please note that all responses will be kept strictly confidential.
We very much look forward to receiving your responses no later than 14 September 2014. Should you have any requests for clarification or technical issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Independent Evaluation Office
United Nations Development Programme
New York, NY 10017 / Web: http://www.undp.org/ieo Follow us:
Report on “Education for Global Citizenship” workshop at the 65th Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference
I would like to share with you the following data from the workshop:
1) A summary of our group discussions during the workshop Thanks to our rapporteurs’ timely and efficient preparations, we were able to put this together in the attached word file. As you see, it’s organized very simply based on the three questions that we prepared for the group discussions. This is a shared document among ourselves, so please feel free to make changes. I hope this can serve as a resource toward our further work on education for global citizenship.
2) A list of participants Almost all who signed in said yes to our question on their interest in our follow-up activities.
3) Photos I have attached the photos that I took with my phone.
4) A news article The Inter Press Service wrote an article on our workshop: http://www.ipsnews.net/2014/
5) Video We should be able to send you a link to the video soon.
UNDP/UNEP/IUCN — Mountain global Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) – Peru
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
DPI Workshop 28 August, 4:45pm NY – What if you held a Data Revolution and nobody came?
What if you held a Data Revolution and nobody came?
Event: Workshop at the 65th Department of Public Information Non-governmental Organization (DPI NGO) Conference: 2015 and Beyond
Venue: UN Headquarters, New York City; Language Room 2, North Lawn Bldg. 2nd Floor
Date and time: Thursday 28th August, 16:45–18:00
Event hosts: International Federation Library Associations with the support of Development Initiatives at the UN DPI conference
The workshop will discuss how the draft post-2015 framework incorporates the potential of information communication technology (ICT) for development – and where it can do better. Panellists will demonstrate how an appropriate recognition of ICTs can place human rights, ending poverty, sustainability, human rights and climate justice centrally in the new framework.
Panellists will pay particular attention to emerging practices and partnerships in the area of universal access to ICTs, including broadband and digital literacy skills and training.
- Stuart Hamilton, IFLA (Chair)
- Dave Banisar, Article 19
- Olimar Maisonet-Guzman, IREX
- Jean Maney, Restless Development
- Sofia Latif, Alliance for Affordable Internet
- David Sullivan, Global Network Initiative
- Cordelia Lonsdale, Development Initiatives
To attend or for further details about the Conference, please visit the Conference website.
Fourth conference on Climate Change and Development in Africa
Africa can feed Africa now: translating climate knowledge into action
Save the date (26 August, NYC): Shaping the world you want in 2030
SAVE THE DATE
Shaping the world you want in 2030
Sharing advocacy tools and practical information to influence the post-2015 development agenda. The event will also provide updates on the post-2015 process and how to be a part of the soon to be launched Action/2015 global campaign.
3-6pm on Tuesday 26th August 2014
Church Centre, New York
Register for the event here.
More information to be made available soon!
65th Annual UN DPI NGO Conference Update – 23 July, 2014
Dear NGO Colleagues,
Please be informed that due to technical problems with the CSO Net servers, the Conference Registration is currently offline until further notice.
As soon as the system is back online we will inform all NGOs. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation on this matter. Please find more updates below:
- We invite you to join our 2nd Live Facebook Chat on Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 10:00 A.M. (EST) – 4:00 P.M. (Geneva) – 5:00 P.M. (Beruit) with Mr. Jeffery Huffines, Chair of the 65th Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference and Mr. Jeff Brez, Co-Chair of the Conference Planning Committee. Jeff Huffines and Jeff Brez will answer any questions related to the 65th Annual UN DPI NGO Conference that will be held in New York 27-29 August 2014. You can post any questions in advance on the event’s page or by using our#UNNGO2014 on Facebook or Twitter.
- The NGO/DPI Executive Committee cordially invites you to attend the 65th Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference Reception. Please find the flyer with registration information for this event along with the invitation to attend the Conference.
- The Conference Planning Committee is looking for volunteers to help with a variety of tasks.
- United Nations Conference to convene Civil Society to support Post-2015 Development Agenda.
- Join the Youth Subcommittee’s two part live Webinar on 25 July, 2014 from 10 a.m – 11:30 a.m. The Webinar will discuss how to raise funds to attend and how to prepare for the 65th Annual DPI/NGO Conference.
- Your generous donations have always been an integral part in ensuring the success of the Conference. To find out how you can contribute to the success of the Conference, please click here to read the appeal by Anne-Marie Carlson, chair of the NGO/DPI Executive Committee, and Jeffery Huffines, chair of the Conference.
Please click here to donate to the Conference
For more information on the Conference, including accommodation, resources and upcoming events, please visit our Conference website. Don’t forget to tweet us using#UNNGO2014 and join the conversation on Facebook at UNDPINGOs:partners4change.
NGO Relations and Advocacy Department of Public Information United Nations Headquarters in New York http://outreach.un.org/
UN Climate Summit: updates and more
To: GGCA Membership (global-gender-and-climate-